PAH was established in 1924 by DR J. Earl Gardner
The Penang Adventist Hospital (PAH) is part of an International Adventist Network of some 600 not-for-profit hospitals, clinics and dispensaries worldwide. From its humble beginnings, PAH has continuously grown to become a tertiary healthcare centre for the Malaysian community and International visitors.
The hospital is supported by dedicated physicians, nurses, and healthcare professionals, and employs modern medical equipment to provide quality healthcare. We look forward to not only providing quality healthcare services but also educating the community to make informed choices about their general well-being.
A people-centred teaching and learning healthcare system with international quality wholistic care, delivering excellent experiences to the community and region.
Penang Adventist Hospital is committed to demonstrating the love and healing ministry of Christ by providing comprehensive, competent & excellent healthcare for all.
Our Core Values
- As a community of team players, we communicate actively and openly to build trust by honouring our commitments and holding each other accountable to the standards set corporately. Ever mindful of the benefits of collaboration among diverse parties on common interests, we reject divisive and discriminatory practices. Furthermore, we show respect for each other by valuing and celebrating unity in diversity.
- We strive to achieve excellence in all we do. With a passion for continuous quality improvement, we measure what counts and take actions based on facts. Our dedication to the achievement of excellence entails continual evaluation of our ability to appropriately and effectively address the needs of those we serve.
- We are constantly looking for creative ways to be relevant. We embrace technological change/ innovation that is relevant to strengthening relationships, improving services and exploring opportunities. Our dedication to competence empowers us to stay current with relevant technologies.
- We are honest in all interactions, striving ever more to match our words and deeds. We earn our reputation as a competent, comprehensive and compassionate healthcare provider by uncompromisingly adhering to the highest ethical standards and conduct, thus delivering genuine value to those we serve through effective stewardship of resources.
- We believe in nurturing each employee by recognising and rewarding outstanding performance as well as providing continuous professional development initiatives. We nurture each other, learn from each other, esteem each other, and cooperate with each other to accomplish more than we could by ourselves.
- Our lifestyles need to reflect God to other people. For that reason, we will make choices, according to stated regulations, policies, as well as moral and social standards, to behave in certain ways that identify us as God’s children and protect the integrity of what PAH represents: “God heals, We help”. A Godly servant-leadership, then, is a commitment to fostering healthy, loving, and accountable relationships that clearly honour Christ’s “wholistic” healing ministry to all humankind.