KANGAROO CLUB BREASTFEEDING SUPPORT GROUP
Our Kangaroo Club (KC) is a Breastfeeding Support Group of Penang Adventist Hospital. It was launched officially on 1st August 2004 during the World Breastfeeding Week. The members of the Kangaroo Club are all “Baby Friendly”.
In fact most of them had or have successfully breastfed their children. This club is formed to support mothers who are breastfeeding and for members to share their experiences on breastfeeding.
HOW TO JOIN OUR CLUB?
- Get a registration form from our Obstetric (OB) clinic or during our KC Gathering
- Submit the completed form to our Obstetric (OB) clinic or Lactation Nurse or during our KC gathering
- Like and follow us on Facebook “Kangaroo Club Breastfeeding Support Group” for latest update
ENJOY THE BENEFITS!
- Get Breastfeeding Education / Counselling.
- FREE leaftlets on breastfeeding.
- Learn proper breastfeeding technique.
- Be motivated to achieve your breastfeeding goal.
- Strengthen self confidence in breastfeeding.
- Have contacts with other breastfeeding mothers.
- Get support and share experience.
- Be updated with breastfeeding/parenting information.
- Breastfeeding booklet available.
- Over the phone counselling.
KANGAROO CLUB GATHERING
|Dates||24 March 2019
02 June 2019
28 July 2019 (World Breastfeeding Week Celebration)
03 November 2019
|Venue||Student Lounge, Adventist College of Nursing & Health Sciences/ Auditorium, Adventist Specialist Complex|
|Time||3:00pm – 4:00pm|
|Fee||Free of charge (No Membership Fee)|
|Who can attend||All pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers, children of any age, familiy members, and anyone who is interested.|
|What to expect||
Talks given by specialists and registered nurses.
Sharing on breastfeeding experience by mothers/peer supporters.
Topics of discussions include:
Common breastfeeding problems
Expressing and Storage of Breast Milk (EBM)
How to maintain lactation when back to work
AND MUCH MORE
Facing breastfeeding problems?
24 hour helpline 04-2227328
8am – 5pm (Mon – Thu)
|Breastfeeding Support Group||
For any support or help in breastfeeding, please contact the following:
Lisa Koay Eng Sim – 016-4685403
Yeoh Hwei Ch’ng – 012-4783470
Connie Mooi – 016-5533782
Lee Su Li – 016-4388230
Lim Lee Lian – 012-4020169
Grace Mary – 016-4930694
Linda Tako – 013-4005980
BE A PART OF US!
You are helping to improve the awareness of breastfeeding benefits in the community.