The Penang Adventist Hospital Pharmacy provides a wide range of pharmacy and medical services to in-patients, out-patients and the community.
- Out-patient prescription service to both internal and external patients with an estimation of 500-700 prescriptions daily
- In-patient service by using the Pyxis MedStation 4000 drug delivery system to about 250 bed patients
- Bedside counselling for patients with special needs on the usage of medications and devices
- Counselling services for Chemotherapy patients
- Cytotoxic Drug Reconstitution (CDR) for both internal and external patients
- Specialized sterile preparations in the form of injections, eye drops and parenteral nutritions for in-house patients according to the JCI standard
- Pharmacists’ ward rounds and health talks to ensure the rational use of medications for patients