The aim of the Food Services Department is to educate the community on the benefits of a healthy Lacto-ovo vegetarian diet and promote it at a reasonable cost. Penang Adventist Hospital has been observing a strict vegetarian diet since 1924.
Our cafeteria, which can seat over a hundred people, serves a variety of vegetarian Chinese, Indian, Malay and Western cuisine. Side orders include healthy high-fibre waffles, low-fat dumplings, high-fibre vegetarian sardines, high-fibre and low-fat pudding, oaty high-fibre and low-fat pancakes.
The cafeteria also caters for private functions. The Food Services Department and Dietetics Department play a vital role in the recovery of a patient by guiding them to maintain a healthy lifestyle through the provision of dietary management consultation by qualified dieticians.
Scope of Services
Our scope of services include:
- Bedside diet therapy consultation for inpatients
- Diabetic diet management and monitoring
- Cholesterol lowering diet management
- Post open heart surgery diet management
- Weight management
- Renal diet management
- Nutrition support (nasogastric tube feeding, gastrostomy tube feeding, jejunostomy tube feeding)
- Increased calorie management (for cancer, malnourished, and burn patients)
- Gastric diet (for Crohn's disease, peptic ulcer, short bowel syndrome, etc)
The counselling programmes includes the participation of the patients' relatives because they would be directly involved in the food preparation for the patients at home.
|Mon - Thu||: 6:00am - 7:00pm|
|Fri / Sun||: 6:00am - 5:00pm|
|Sat / selected public holiday||: Closed|