DIAGNOSTIC IMAGING CENTRE
Mon – Thu (8:00am – 5:00pm)
Fri, Sun (8:00am – 1:00pm)
24 hours emergency service is available upon request.
At the Adventist Diagnostic Imaging Center, we provide the modern diagnostic and interventional radiology services in a timely and cost effective manner for the benefit of all patients who come through our healing portal.
Penang Adventist Hospital is now using a 640 slices Canon CT Scanner to obtain extremely high quality coronary artery image in just 1 second breath hold.
This department is well supported by a team of highly accredited yet friendly staffs comprising of experienced consultant radiologists, radiographers, registered nurses, and others supporting staffs.
A series of diagnostic and therapeutic procedure are currently being carried out with the utilization of sophisticated equipment and meticulous process in the Diagnostic Imaging Center. Most of our diagnostic images are recorded digitally for the use of our consultant Radiologists.
- A series of conventional radiography is carried out to capture human body. We also called it as plain x-ray examination.
- Highly sensitive, using low dose of X ray, bone densitometry helps to identify risk at a much earlier stage.
- Is to use for measure bone mineral.
- Estimated risk or actual presence of osteoporosis.
- Procedure takes 15-20 minutes, is painless and safe.
- A process of using an angiogram to find clogged or narrowed places along the coronary arteries.
- An angiogram is a type of x-ray. A special type of a camera is used to look at the arteries that feed your heart with blood.
- A technique for obtaining “LIVE” x-ray images of a living patient.
- Is use to examine / observe the alimentary tract.
- Examination to patient’s condition in “real time”.
- Can also be used as therapeutic radiology procedure.
- Interventional Radiology is a new and rapid growing branch of medicine in which the procedures are performed under imaging guidance.
- Sometimes it called the “21st century” surgery.
- Breaking stones inside the patient body with shock waves produced by a sophisticated machine called Lipthotripsy.
- Special radiological examination for the breasts by using low energy x-ray.
- To use for breasts screening to allow early cancers to be detected for effective treatment.
MAGNETIC RESONANCE IMAGING (MRI)
- Uses a strong magnetic field and radio wave with no radiation involved to capture high quality diagnostic value images.
- Shows high quality images for soft tissue of human body (muscles, nerves, brain, ligaments and etc).
- Can perform angiography in a non-invasive method to detect disease and abnormality.
- Is an non-invasive procedure and painless.
- Uses high frequency inaudible sound waves technique to capture patient’s internal organ picture.
- Effective for non-invasive imaging of soft tissue organ.
- Can be used to guide fine needle (tissue biopsy) to facilitate sampling cells from an organfor cancer test. This is an invasive procedure.
POSITRON EMISSION TOMOGRAPHY (PET) CT SCANNING
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET) provides information about the body chemistry, metabolic activity and body function.
- PET-CT Scan delivers results that make a different – detects disease earlier, provides data necessary for physicians to make a confident and accurate cancer diagnosis.
640 SLICE CT SCANNING
- Able to show human soft tissues organ and bone.
- Enhanced viewability enables early detection of many conditions.
- Provides faster examination times and diagnosis of many conditions.
- Multi-slice CT scanners are much faster.
- Not only able to detect coronary arteries, but also the type of plaque causing the narrowing either calcified, fibrious or non-calcified plaque.
For further information about Adventist Oncology Centre