Preparing for Motherhood
Welcome to our Prenatal Class programme. It is our desire to share with you, all you need to know about safe motherhood. We shall guide you through your pregnancy to delivery and care of your baby.
Our course is conducted by our Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist, Paediatrician, Anaesthesiologist, Dietition, Registered Nurse, Physiotherapist & Health Educator.
First time mothers are encouraged to attend.
- To let mother & husband be aware of her/his wife's changes during pregnancy.
- To know the development of their baby in her womb.
- To understand her nutritional needs.
- To enable her/him to take care of herself/his wife during pregnancy and postnatal period.
- To prepare the mother for labour & delivery.
- To educate the parents on the benefits of breastfeeding & care of their newborn baby.
Sequence of topics may be different due to availability of speakers
Day 1 (Sunday)
- Nutrients Required For Mother & Baby
- Healthy Postnatal Diet
- Breastfeeding Benefits & Technique
- Baby Bath Demonstration
- Tour of Maternity Ward
Day 2 (Monday)
- Prenatal Care
- Development of the Baby
- Screening for Foetal Abnormalities
- Changes During Pregnancy
- Complications During Pregnancy
- Labour and Delivery
Day 3 (Tuesday)
- Pain Relief in Labour
- Video Show on Epidural Analgesia During Labour
- Care of Baby at Birth
- Immunization & Minor Problems During Infancy
Day 4 (Sunday)
- Prenatal & Relaxation Exercises
- Breathing Techniques in Labour
Dates subject to change. Call 04-2227344 for confirmation
|Class 1||Class 2||Class 3||Class 4|
|Day 1||08/01/17 *||02/04/17 *||23/07/17 *||22/10/17 *|
|Day 2||09/01/17 #||03/04/17 #||24/07/17 #||23/10/17 #|
|Day 3||10/01/17 #||04/04/17 #||25/07/17 #||24/10/17 #|
|Day 4||15/01/17 +||09/04/17 +||30/07/17 +||29/10/17 +|
|*||9:00am - 2:00pm|
|#||7:30pm - 9:30pm|
|+||3:00pm - 5:30pm|
Auditorium, Level 2, Adventist Specialists Complex
RM159 per couple
(Fees are non refundable)
For further information or registration, kindly contact:
Tel: (+604) 222 7344