Dr. Heng Swee Heong has been appointed as our Resident Consultant Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon commencing 1st November 2006.
Dr. Heng served as Consultant Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon to the Malaysian Armed Forces and Visiting Consultant Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon to Hospital Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia for many years before coming onboard Penang Adventist Hospital.
Dr. Heng obtained his Bachelor of Dental Surgery degree from University of Malaya. He was trained in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery in the United Kingdom. He obtained his Master of Science in Oral Surgery with distinction from the Faculty of Medicine University of London. He is a Fellow of Dental Surgery Royal College of Surgeons of England and a Fellow of the Faculty of Dentistry in Oral Surgery Royal College of Surgeons Ireland. He is a member of the Academy of Medicine Malaysia.
Dr. Heng has been a practising Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon in Malaysia for over 19 years. He provides diagnosis, treatment and management for deformities, injuries and diseases in the mouth , jaws and other maxillofacial region. He has a keen interest in Dental Implantology and associated procedures as well as corrective & cosmetic jaw surgery (orthognathic surgery) for facial disharmony in ordinary and cleft patients.
His scope of practice encompasses the following:
- Dental Implants
- Bone Augmentation and sinus lifting procedure
- Corrective and cosmetic jaw surgery (orthognathic surgery)
- Secondary cleft repair and alveolar bone graftings
- Oral & Maxillofacial trauma
- Extractions of teeth and roots
- Surgery for impacted and unerupted teeth
- Dental problem in medically compromised patients
- Oro-facial infections
- Dental, oral & facial pain management
- Management of dental post-operative complications
- Prophylactic dental screening and treatment prior to radiotherapy, chemotherapy, bone marrow transplants and cardiac surgery
- Management of osteoradionecrosis and osteomyelitis of jaws
- Temporomandibular joint & salivary gland disorders and diseases
- Oral mucosal lesion e.g. oral ulcers, white lesion, oral malignant & premalignant lesions
- Oral manifestation of systemic diseases
Dr. Heng is married with three daughters. His vision in life is to serve God and man and his mission is to establish the best oral & maxillofacial services in the Northern Region.