Dr Cheok Chee Yew is our Resident Consultant Orthopaedic & Spine Surgeon. He completed his primary & secondary school education in Ipoh and graduated with the MBBS degree from the University Malaya. He later obtained the Master of Orthopaedic Surgery, also from University Malaya.
His working experience began in 1996 as a House officer in General Hospital, Kuala Lumpur (GHKL) and subsequently, as a Medical Officer in Anaesthesiology for a year. He joined the GHKL Orthopaedic Unit in 1998 and has performed most of the general orthopaedic procedures in GHKL.
Dr Cheok has served as a lecturer in the Medical Faculty of University Putra Malaysia in KL. He enjoys teaching and received good comments from his students. He was also invited to conduct some training and workshops in medical implant for an insurance company.
Dr Cheok performs many Orthopaedic procedures (see below) He is a specialist in Spinal surgery and has received further training in Spinal Surgery at the University of Hong Kong, Wooridul Spine Hospital, Seoul (Korea) and in San Diego, United States. He has a special interest in Minimally Invasive Spinal Surgery.
He is a member of the International SOLAS Society, the Spinal Society of Malaysia and the Malaysia Orthopaedic Association.
Dr Cheok is fluent in English, Malay, Mandarin and Cantonese. His hobbies include reading and swimming.
The common Orthopaedic Procedures / Surgeries are:
- Minimally Invasive Spinal Treatments
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Lumbar Discectomy, (PELD)
- Epiduralysis and Neuroplasty
- Radiofrequency treatment for Facet Joint & Neuropathic pain
- Annuloplasty for Degenerated disc
- Spinal decompression and stabilization. (Mini TLIF) or Disc Replacement
- Percutaneous Vertebroplasty for Osteoporotic spinal fracture.
- eXtreme Lateral Interbody Fusion (XLIF): latest spinal surgery
- Spinal Deformity
- Scoliosis / Kyphosis
- XLIF for degenerative Scoliosis
- General Orthopaedic
- Joint Replacement (Hip / Knee)
- Bone Fracture
- Bone Lengthening
- Spinal Cord regeneration by using stem cell
- Disc regeneration by using stem cell